Today I want to briefly talk about some of the charity work we’ve been doing around town and why it’s so important that everybody takes some time to give back to the community. With the arrival of the new year, now is a perfect time to make giving back part of your resolutions.
In the last year, we were able to partner with some amazing charities that we can’t recommend enough. They have done and continue to do amazing work for the San Diego community, especially those in desperate need of help. Here is a list of some of our favorites:
1. Urban Angels. This organization is right downtown on B street. They feed the homeless, help them find work, and help get them back into homes. They even allow people to live there while they are getting back on their feet. Our office goes there every other week to help out.
2. Active Valor. They are doing some amazing things with the Veteran community. We’re having a fundraising dinner on Saturday, February 17th where 100% of the proceeds will be donated to families of our nation’s fallen heroes. Come join us and help make a difference! Purchase your event tickets here.
3. Second Chance Dog Rescue. I’m a dog guy, so this one is near and dear to my heart. This is a great place to volunteer or to find your forever best friend.
4. San Diego Center for Children. Surprisingly, very few people know about this organization. They house and take care of foster children that can’t live in a normal foster home.
5. Collective Access. I’m a member of this nonprofit company that mentors youth and teaches them the life skills that they’ll need in the future to be successful.
I truly believe that you will get so much more back than you put in. I’ve been humbled by the relationships I’ve made and the positive energy that has come out of these projects that we’ve been able to help with. I can’t wait to do even more in 2018.
If you have any questions for us about how you can get involved with any of these organizations, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We would love to hear from you.