To our Batta Fulkerson friends, family, and community,
The health and safety of our clients has always been our highest priority. Due to the concerns surrounding the coronavirus and incidental factors, we wanted to share with you some information about the virus and tips on keeping yourself healthy and preventing the spread of the virus.
The World Health Organization recognizes that symptoms of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) include runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever, and in some situations, difficulty breathing. The virus can be spread from person-to-person contact, from respiratory droplets from an infected person sneezing or coughing, or possibly from touching an infected are and then touching your own mouth, nose, or eyes.
To protect yourself and us all from respiratory viruses, we encourage you to use simple, everyday actions, including:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least twenty seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 99% ability to kill germs
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or who may have been exposed to someone who is sick
- Self-quarantine if you are feeling sick, especially if you are showing symptoms of a cough, fever, etc. Please seek medical attention promptly if you are experiencing symptoms.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the inside of your elbow when sneezing or coughing. Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer immediately after.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces by using disinfectant spray of wipes.
- Following guidance from your public health officials
In order to protect our Clients and staff members, we have made the decision to close our office for the next few weeks until the quarantine period has come to a halt, or until the CDC recommends we can proceed with normal business functioning. We thank you for your cooperation and patience as we navigate this challenging and unprecedented time together.
While this situation is changing rapidly, one thing that will not change is our commitment and support to our Clients. We realize each client will feel the effects of this pandemic in different ways. Our attorneys are prepared to help you or just lend an ear. Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by this pandemic, and we wish for everyone to remain healthy and safe as we work through these challenging times. We are in this together, and we will come out better on the other side, together.